Contracted Mental Health Provider description
Grand Valley Counseling is a small group practice that serves Western Colorado. We provide individual counseling currently, and group counseling is on the agenda soon. We are poised to expand our operation to serve the 22 western counties covered by Rocky Mountain Medicaid. This may initially be an online/telehealth only counseling position, or an in-person position depending on the client needs.
Pay: fee-split arrangement of 50% to 70% of client’s payment
Job Type: Independent Contractor
We are looking for a licensure-candidate therapist/counselor to contract with to join our group practice. Candidates should be authentic, independent, experienced, collaborative, and professional.
Please understand this is not an employee-type position, but instead the opportunity to be your own boss and run your own private practice under the Grand Valley Counseling umbrella. You benefit from our advertising efforts and in-house insurance billing.
- A current and unencumbered Colorado license in the Mental Health field: LPC, LPCC, LMFT, LMFTC, LCSW, LSW, or LP
What you need:
For online work, you must have a confidential office space (home or elsewhere), a computer that supports online video sessions, and a strong WiFi connection.
A strong desire to help people, and ability to work independently.
What you will get:
You are in charge of your schedule and have an opportunity to further develop your own style. We’re seeking a caring and dynamic counselor who wants an independent and hands-on approach to counseling and deciding your own course.
- Free clinical supervision toward licensure.
- Networking opportunities.
- Build your clinical skills while working with a variety of clients.
- Create your own treatment goals and plans with clinical freedom
- All clinical notes done using SimplePractice software that we provide
- All billing processed for you through our biller.
What our clients need:
- Seeking a dedicated mental health professionals who can see clients at varying times. (It’s YOUR schedule, but you also have to negotiate with the clients to see when they are willing and available.)
- You should be able to work independently and confidently.
- You possess solid or developing clinical skills to work with your client’s needs.
- This is a contract position. You are paid for each client you see, not how many hours you work.
- We offer a competitive fee-split contract rate.
- We expect that contractors will attend clinical supervision to ensure client safety and progress.
- Contractors must be able to pass a background check and also pass a drug test.
- Must carry liability insurance and clinicians need to be registered or licensed with the Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies (DORA).
- Contractors must be willing to obtain their own business name before we contract. (We can help advise how it’s done)
- Contractors will be expected to complete all documentation in a timely manner.
- COVID-19 Vaccine Required if/when this develops into a face-to-face position.
If you have solid clinical skills, have experience working with clients and perhaps families in crisis, have your own business name and insurance, we welcome you to apply!
Contact us here. (Sorry, not yet. But soon.)