- Grand Junction Native
- Made mistakes
- Probably not that different from most people
I’m a funny guy who is easy to talk to.
I graduated from Grand Junction High School. Received a BA from Mesa State College. Received a Masters Degree in Mental Health Counseling from University of Phoenix in Salt Lake City.
My career started by joining the Air Force for 6 years. Then I worked as a Probation Officer in Utah trying to help people change behaviors to stop the problems in their life. I realized being a counselor was a better way, so I went back to school for my counseling degree and have loved working with people this way.
My therapeutic approach
First, I like to begin with a Solutions-Focused approach, which means we look at your situation, see what is already working, identify what is not working, and use problem solving to explore other solutions. I also use Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) which explores your thoughts, values, beliefs, and how you were raised, and how all those core beliefs affect they way you behave and react to situations.
I am also trained in Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR), which is a useful tool for trauma that helps take away the “this just happened” feeling from older memories.
I’m open, honest, up-front, and try to use humor when I can.
- Master of Science, Mental Health Counseling, University of Phoenix, Salt Lake City, UT 2010
- Clinical Supervision II, Aug 25, 2021, Noeticus Center for Professional Development, Denver, CO
- Clinical Supervision I, July 21, 2021, Noeticus Center for Professional Development, Denver, CO
- LPC Clinical Supervision, Jun 26, 2021, The Colorado School for Family Therapy, Aurora, CO
- Essentials of Trauma Treatment, 02/20, PESI
- Acupuncture Detoxification Specialist, 9/2018, National Acupuncture Detoxification Assoc, Laramie,Wy
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR), 11/2017, Riversage Institute, Durango, CO